A problem has been identified with Windows Update KB3097877. After installing this update SOLIDWORKS® can fail to launch. A newer version of this specific Windows Update has now been released to resolve this issue.
If your computer shows symptoms of crashing during launch after applying this Windows update please follow these steps to resolve the problem:
1. Uninstall the original Windows Update KB3097877.
- Open Installed Updates by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then, underPrograms and Features, clicking View installed updates.
- Click the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall. Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
To learn more about how to uninstall windows, please visit:
2. Download the newer version of the update from the Microsoft® download site:
3. Install the new version of the Update.
For more details, you can access to solution ID: S-070223 via SOLIDWORKS customer portal.
And you’re done!
Kindly contact to your reseller if you need further assistance. Or you may contact us at email@example.com or call +603-2630 6118 for support.
SNS Editorial, CADVision Systems Sdn. Bhd,